I admit it. I am a terribly lazy person. I usually only do something when I am interested in something or angry about something. I am very interested in just sitting and playing games right now but angry about 'news' agencies. Some of them anyway.
Let me take a step back and tell you something: I am a terribly lefty person and I actually like the two or three Muslims in my live. I also like Jews a lot being the grandson of one and all. I also like Christians because I am one. Like really, with believing in that stuff and praying occasionally.
The problem about the social media is that people don't fact check. I sometimes do. I have a rather broad understanding about how the world works, a bin naïve at times while being a bit of a cynic. But people don't fact check.
The facts. The sources are at the end of the article if you are interested in actually checking mine which I would prefer. Well, you might want to learn german first. But let's get to the point.
- There were several hundred people at a place in Dortmund, Germany New Years Eve. Like every year.
- Some of these people were asylum seekers, people with migration background, foreigners. Call them whatever you want. Some of them with german citizenship and half of them without.
- The shoot fireworks at policemen and at a church. At the policemen not that great of an idea but our churches are out of stone, it's fine.
- Aggressive people arrive via train. The youth. Aggressive. Never did that happen before. Again, half of them germans. I mean, young men in packs are aggressive and it's a party.
Ok, now the police statistics for that night:
- 180 police missions between 18:00 and 6:00 (6 pm and 6 am for the brits and americans ;) )
- 79 Sending-offs. Technical term. The police forbids you to enter an area.
- 12 people detained.
- 13 people arrested. (This is actually a big difference, not that important here though)
28 for damage of property, 41 after violence, 8 for pickpocketing (2 times 4 in the source, don't ask, technical difference)
In 12 cases more than one perpetrator
23 injured 20 of whom only slightly and five slightly injured policemen.
The city gave out a statement which called this night a normal new years eve and I agree.
And then fucking Breitbart says this: “Revealed: 1,000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Germany’s Oldest Church Alight on New Year’s Eve”
You fucking hatemongerers.
Ruhr Nachrichten is a daily newspaper that has been published in Dortmund, Germany since 1949. The paper is published by Medienhaus Lensing in Rheinisch format.
Breitbart News Network (known commonly as Breitbart News, Breitbart or Breitbart.com) is a right-wing or far-right American news, opinion and commentary website founded in 2007 by conservative commentator and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart.